Custom Search

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mee Banjir Udang - Kuala Sepetang,















I heard about Mee Banjir Udang through a program on TV3 sometime last year. Initially,
I wasn’t sure why mee banjir (flooded noodle?) until I went there Sunday. It so happened
that there was a flood on Saturday night (as what I read in the newspapers) and the
surrounding areas were flooded. The flood was still seen around the lower parts of the
Larut Matang area when I passed by.
Or probably they name it mee banjir because of the overflowing soup of the bowl of
noodles? The noodle comes in three sizes, i.e. RM8, RM10 and RM12. The differences
are in the sizes of the prawns. We ordered the RM12 and you know what? It is the
cheapest mee I have ever seen. We get six huge prawns which are very fresh, firm and
sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment